Thursday 17 August 2017

Album Review: RHINO BUCKET - The Last Real Rock N' Roll

Rhino Bucket - The Last Real Rock N' Roll
01. Hello Citizens
02. Everything You Do
03. Last Call
04. I'm Your Doctor
05. So Long
06. It's A Sin
07. Forgiveness
08. Bang My Drum
09. Swing And A Miss
10. Falling Down The Stairs
11. Misery
12. The Devil You Know

I first discovered Rhino Bucket back in the early 90's when I heard their song Ride With Yourself on the Wayne's World soundtrack. They were one of many bands at the time who sounded a lot like AC/DC, to the point where passing fans wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I see them as the Airbourne of yesteryear. I noticed somewhere on the internet that, not only did Rhino Bucket still exist, but that they had a new album coming out. As I have a soft spot for AC/DC wannabe bands, I thought I'd give it a listen.

Unsurprisingly, they sound exactly the same as I remember them. Opener Hello Citizens kicks the album off to a good start. It all continues well from there, neither getting better nor worse. The album is consistent throughout, but fails to give us any real stand out singles, or even any duffers. It's all just solid, predictable entertaining Rock n' Roll. If you wanted surprises, you're at the wrong party!

So, that's it in a nutshell. Rhino Bucket have put out yet another generic album which heavily plagiarises the Bon Scott era of AC/DC. Nothing more, nothing less. It's an enjoyable listen, but not an essential one.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig